Spring

Spring

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Problem Areas?

Good Evening!  Hope you had a great week.  I have been very sick but seem to be getting better thanks to breathing treatments every 4 hours!!  Anyway...I know we all have "problem areas" around our home as of right now I would say mine are 2 spots above my kitchen cabinets.  As many of you all know our home is French Country so keeping with the look of the rest of our home I have ceiling tin, platters, family items (antique crock Great Grandmothers) and other items I love.  In the kitchen/breakfast nook area I have kept with cream, black and touches of red.  This are has more cream..sorry photos is not great. :)
The large crock on the far right was my Great Grandmothers she used it to pickle things. :)  The other items I just like yep there is ceiling tin. :)
One thing I do plan on doing is adding another picnic basket on top of the one that is already up there..will help add some height.  The large wooden spool was also my Great Grandmother's and I just like the teapot and clock. 
This area I like..vintage scale with vintage bowl of apples and planter with antique rolling pins I have collected.
Insert "problem area" #1  area above vent....
So far I have come up with either a large scroll iron or wood plaque or I like the idea of either EAT or YUM letters in either black or cream...here are some pics I found on Pinterest.
I also like the idea of a key...of course it would have to hang horizontal.
But I also LOVE the idea ceiling tin. :)  I know you are in total shock. LOL  It does go with the rest of our home.
Just to the right of the vent is problem area #2...
Love the decorative finials but I think either iron plaque or maybe an old window on the wall behind them would help.  I will remove the ivy also...just needed something up there when we put them up there 7 yrs ago. :)
Everything does not look so washed out in person.
 
Any thoughts on this would be great...also what are your "problem areas"?
Hope you have a great Friday.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment