Spring

Spring

Saturday, June 15, 2013

It all started with a chair....

Follow Me on Pinterest
 
 
It all started with a chair...
 
Well it was not just ANY chair...it was Miss Mustard Seeds Chair.

Yep, it even made it to the cover of her Wonderful book..Inspired You. 
That was the first chair I had ever seen covered in a grain sack.  She also has another one...
And its just as wonderful as her wing chair!!! 
As soon as I saw these chairs I knew that one day I would have a chair covered in the inspiration fabric!!! 
As most of you already know..I'm an Interior Designer so when this fabric sample came in I fell in LOVE with it and knew that was going to be THE fabric!!!
It's made by Golding Fabrics.  It is not authentic grain sack fabric but it's pretty darn close!!  And it was the prefect shade of red & would look great with our existing furniture & our new drapes.
So here is the great reveal....
Perfect..right?  Well the wing back had great 'bones' but needed a make over!!  Here is the before & after...
As you can see it needed new fabric & cushion...but it also needed new seat decking and one wing was really loose.  I did not recover it myself...I had it done.  They did a wonderful job too. 
It's all in the details....
Yes...there are 3 covered buttons on the seat deck..under the cushion.  LOVE it..
Yes, one day I would like to learn how to recover furniture but I knew I didn't want to try it with this chair..But Miss Mustard Seed does recover her own furniture!!!  Check out her post..
 

 
She is a true inspiration!!!  Oh, and by the way her book is wonderful too!!
 
Here is the overall look....
 
It is now my favorite spot in the family room.
It's so much fun to see the inspiration become real life!!! 
What projects are you working on?
 
Have a great weekend!
Julie
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love this! It looks great with your draperies and I love the button detail. Even though it isn't visible, it's wonderful knowing it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    Thanks for letting me know about your blog. This chair is great. I am a new follower. Have a great week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete