Spring

Spring

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Making Progress...

Follow Me on Pinterest

 
Making Progress....
 
 
Good Morning!!!  I know it's been awhile since my last post...I have been taking baby steps on my porch progress.  In my last post I told you about my new bench...which I really do love!!
 

And here it is "dressed up"...kind of. ;)  If you follow me on Facebook...you know I have been on the search for cottage style outdoor pillows...which by the way is VERY hard to find.  Our porch is covered but still gets a lot of sun and I know for a fact fabrics fade there pretty fast!  Ugh!  So I went with outdoor rated fabric so the pillows would last longer out there. 
Here was my original choices...all the black/off white were not outdoor fabrics. Bummer...it was the style I wanted but didn't want to make the investment just to have them fade after one season.
 
 
But after further investigation I found out that the red/cream buffalo check was water proof & seems to have a coating on it..maybe it's kind of outdoor fabric??  Well I have decided to add it to the mix..I will be making 2 more pillows with the buffalo check to go in front of the damask ones. 
I am still working on accessories especially at the end...where the red child sized chair is..I need some height. Please let me know if you have some ideas for this space.
 
Also in my last post I wrote about wanting to make a tiered planter.  Well I used what I already had...
 
It's not perfect but it was free...next year I will change it up but for now it works.
 
 
Hope you have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment