Spring

Spring

Thursday, August 9, 2012

For the Love of Tin

As I'm sure you have noticed I love ceiling tin....which leads to..different ways to display it.  Well I have many different ways to display them..so this week I am going to share my latest...

It all started with the tin above...I found a GREAT reproduction tin at a local flea market for $5!!!  The only problem was there was a large scratch accross the center so to cover it up I painted it and mounted it on a sheet of beadboard (another one of my favorite things!!)  Not only did it cover it up and create a nice "frame" and also made it fit in with my decor better.  Needless to say this is one of my favorite tins....along with this one.
This one is VERY old and I love the color and patina it has...I spent the most on this one it was $20..but so worth every penny!!! All I did was mount it on beadboard.  With these two tins I wanted to add "something" to them but not too much and beadboard fit the bill.  Next week I will show you anohter way to display tin.



No comments:

Post a Comment