Spring

Spring

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Simple Changes

Well as many of you know I am a full time Interior Designer..there for I am always trying to change things up with my accessories.  We built our home about 7 years ago and we have a few transom windows in our main areas....which I have tried to accessorize but I was never super happy with how it looked.  I first tried photos...too high up & you can't see the photos, then I decided to try iron work..so that is what has been in our family room transoms for awhile now.
As you can see it looks ok..but since I am rearranging things in my family room I thought I would change it up a bit.  (the wall on the left if the display wall in progress & new panels will replace the valance)  Just remember it's not complete yet...
I decided to paint and distress the iron work and hang them above the transom.
As you can see it toned it down a bit...they show up much better in person.  I like the new look with them being lighter they don't "scream" at you when you come in the room & it brings your eye up in the room.  Not sure what I will be putting in the transom but I am sure I will figure that out. If you have any ideas those are always welcome too.



1 comment:

  1. I really like your new idea. It reads well.

    I like the transom as is. My only other thought is stained glass

    ReplyDelete